- Completed Application form
- Clear ID card copies of all the directors of the company
- Board Resolution of the company, resolved to operate an employment agency.
- Board Resolution of the company, appointing a director of the company to represent the employment agency.
- Letter from the director accepting the responsibilities of the representative of the employment agency.
- If the company is in connection with any employment agency from a foreign country, registration certificate or notarized copy of the permit issued from the specific country’s relevant government authority.
- Completed due diligence form for all directors. (Separate form has to be completed by all individual directors)
- Tax clearance report
- Employment agency can be operated by a company, registered under Law No: 10/96 (Maldives Companies Act)
- The objectives of the company should include operating employment agency
- Employment Agency Registration is issued for 2 years.
- If there is any change in the information provided to the Ministry, the company has to inform the particular change to the ministry within 7 days.
- A report from employment agency has to be submitted to Ministry every 3 months (refer to clause 17 of the regulation)
- A deposit fee of MVR 50,000/- (Fifty Thousand Maldivian Rufiyaa)
- Registration fee MVR 2,500/- (Two Thousand Five Hundred Maldivian Rufiyaa)
- Renewal fee MVR 2,500/- (Two Thousand Five Hundred Maldivian Rufiyaa)
Applicable Laws & Regulation
- Labour Law (Law No: 2/2008)
- Regulation on employment agencies (R-21/2016)
Employment Agency shall appoint a representative to represent the agency. (Refer to Clause 18)
- A processing fee of MVR 200/- (Two Hundred Maldivian Rufiyaa)